CrossFit, to put it simply, is:
- MORE FUN than traditional exercise regimes …
- Because its more fun to train as a part of a group than by yourself. Would you prefer to go out with a group of friends or by yourself?
- Because of the positive atmosphere and team spirit. At CrossFit Reykjavik you meet people who are, like you, striving to become the best version themselves while at the same time enjoying life to its fullest.
- Because of the continuing progress you experience. Its so rewarding to feel how quickly your strength and stamina improves. You start realizing how amazing it feels to reach your personal fitness goals and how important it is to celebrate every victory, big AND small.
- YIELDS GREATER RESULTS than traditional exercise regimes …
- Because you have coaches who are always there to guide you, motivate, and inspire.
- Because your coaches have designed a training routine helping you becoming the best version of yourself.
- SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE … seriously …
- Beginners as well as elite athletes can train together using the same program.
- Because your coaches tailor make the workout, moderating the weights, volume, and intensity to meet your current level of fitness.
- You only have to show up, do your best, and CrossFit Reykjavik will take care of everything else.
CrossFit improves your health and, as a result, your quality of life.
CrossFit forges a broad, general, and inclusive fitness.
CrossFit designs the workouts in such a way making it the perfect application for any committed individual, regardless of experience.
CrossFit aims to improve all general physical skills (10) resulting in increased energy to live life to the fullest
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance
The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
The ability to maximize range of motion at a given joint.
The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in its relations to its support base.
The ability to control movement in a given direction or at given intensity.
(Thanks to Jim Crawley and Bruce Evans of Dynamax, http://www.medicineballs.com/)
CrossFit = Increased Quality of Life … for the rest of your life!
CrossFit Fitness in 100 words
Eat regularly throughout the day (3-5 times) …
- Meat, Eggs, Fish, Vegetables, Nuts, Seeds and Fruit
- Make sure to include all food groups
- Keep intake to levels that will support daily activities but not body fat
- Added and/or refined sugars and processed foods
Train vigorously on a regular basis …
- Cardiovascular exercises
- Gymnastic exercises
- Push up
- Chin up
- Rope climb
- Strength exercises
- Back squat
- Olympic lifting (Snatch and Clean-and-Jerk)
Mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity allows.
Move Every Day Like You Care